Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a weekend!

Dinosaurs!

On Thursday, Stephen, his grandmother, great-grandmother and I all went to Thanksgiving Point to see the Dinosaurs.  It was fun to see the museum and wander around with only one child to watch out for.  I had been to the Dinosaur Museum 4 of 5 times before, but it was always when I was in charge of about 10 kids for summer camp, so I had never really seen the museum.  It is pretty neat!  The only thing that really seems to catch Stephen's eye was the water and sand table.  He would have loved for me to put him in there and let him play, but that was a no go!  Below is a picture of Stephen and me in front of the Utah Raptor.  




On Friday, I had a fun Enrichment Activity.  It was the Fabulous Fall Friday.  It was craft night.  I only sighed up to do on thing.  I picked the cheapest thing and went with that.  I wanted to go, but since we now have a new house and are not really sure how much everything is going to cost, I didn't want to spend a lot there.  But I did sit and chat with my new neighbors, that was fun.  Stephen went to Nursery for the first time.  He seems to do just fine there.  Happy to play and be around other kids.

Saturday, we had a housewarming party.  It was so fun!  People actually came!  Our neighbors all came over, family that is in the area came, and friends we haven't seen in a long time were here.  It was great to visit with everyone.  I didn't get to chat with everyone as much as I had hoped, but it was great fun to see everyone and have everyone over.  I think we have even gotten plates and platters back to everyone who brought them.  That is pretty good.  The kids that all came loved playing in our empty upstairs.  The girls found our costume box...  that was pretty funny.  I guess we could entertain kids for a little while here!

We had a wonderful weekend and I didn't get any pictures of Saturday... darn!  We are excited about our new area and happy to be in our house.    

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We used to take my daughter there when we lived in Utah. She loved the sand and the water best too!