Sunday, November 09, 2008

Stairs, snow and fish faces

OK, so it has been a few days.  I just wanted to make sure everyone was able to process all the info in the last post.  Stephen and I have had a fun week.  Something new he did this week was climb the stairs!  He has gotten up the first step before, but it a larger step so that was about all he wanted to do, get on that step and sit.  This week, he decided to go all the way up and he loved it!  He would get about half way up and giggle - he does that everytime!  I think we have a climber!  His new facial expression right now is fishy faces, which I love!  That is so fun.  He makes it when he eats, plays and is trying to go to sleep.  I hope it is because his top two teeth are close to coming through.  It has been weeks of swollen gums and I am ready to see those pearly whites!  

We did get snow this week.  Stephen didn't seem all that interested.  He watched and seemed to take in that something different was happening outside, but wasn't excited or scared or anything in between really. One of the things he likes to do is stand at our backdoor and watch school start and end.  I have been trying to get a picture, but haven't been able to get a good angle.  I did get one of him looking at the snow.  I have decided in watching him watch all the kids leave the school that I need to find a play group or something for him.  There is a story hour at the library here in the valley, so I'll go to that this week (assuming he isn't in the middle of nap time).
Here is Stephen looking at the snow in the dim morning hours.  It almost looks like a nice Christmas morning picture since he is in the PJs still, but it is a November morning...
Here he is looking at the school, it is too distracting for him when I get out the camera, but I'm sure you get the general idea.

As far as what is going on with Scott and I, I feel it is the same old stuff.  We got through election day.  It really wasn't that bad since we don't have TV right now, I wasn't too sick of it all.  It all just happened without me really paying attention.  I figured I knew what would happen and I voted and had done my part.  Our house is coming along. We are all moved in downstairs on the main level with pictures up and everything.  Upstairs is coming along.  Since we don't have any furniture for that space and don't really have much to put up there, there isn't that much to do.  We actually had friends over this morning for pancakes and a game of Killer Bunnies (our new favorite game).  I know, I know.  A little unconventional to have people over on Sunday morning before church.  But since we all live fairly close, and have church after 1 in the afternoon, that is the best time to see people!  By the time we get out of church in the evening, we are too tired to do too much socializing.  

I am actually really looking forward to the holidays.  Stephen and I get to spend two weeks in North Carolina with my dad and sister starting next week.  I am not looking forward to flying alone with him all the way across the country, but I'll make it, I'm sure.  Scott with join us for almost a week and we all get to fly back together.  Life is good in the Smith household!

1 comment:

Braden Bell said...

How fun to hear about Stephen. He is getting so big!!!! Your house looks like a great place.