I knew I would love the show "My Name is Earl" when in one of the first episodes, Randy, Earl's dim-whited brother said, "Hey, remember when we found all that pink cotton candy in the attic. My insides itched for weeks."
Well, I decided it would be a good idea to put some extra insulation in the basement ceiling this weekend. I wasn't tempted to eat it, but it sure has a way of becoming bothersom. So, after 3 hours of playing with fiberglass insulation, my eyes felt like someone had dropped sand in them. Thankfully I was smart enough to buy some masks, so I am not really suffering from "the pink lung," I just thought it would be fun to make a Zoolander reference.
Anyway, I am really kind of scared to open the mailbox when Questar gets around to sending us our first gas bill. That is one of the hardest parts of moving in to a new place... What are the utilities going to be? I am sure that adding pink stuff to the basement ceiling will help keep the warm air in the up stairs and that in turn keep the gas bill down. Unfortunately 150 bucks did not go as far as I had hoped, and I figure I still have about 2/3 of the ceiling left. So more itchy eyes for me.
A Pain in the Shoulder
16 hours ago
1 comment:
LOL, Oh this is the first time I have been glad you moved. Because if you had lived here, I would have felt obligated to help you do the insulation which would have been the decent, but very unpleasant, thing to do. Glad your lungs aren't pink. At least in that way.
Post a Comment