Yesterday and today have been fun days filled with trying to child proof my dad's house. He keeps commenting on how different things look. We have had to move just about everything to 'higher ground'. Stephen has gotten really good at climbing stairs and getting past every barrier we have put around them. Today, he got to the top of the stairs before I could get to him and rolled down them. We have been trying to get him to understand going down things feet first, but I guess we are not doing that correctly. He was crawling along and just ran out of floor. Luckily, he rolled down the stairs side to side, not head over toe. My dad's house also has a landing about 6 steps down from the top, so he didn't go down an entire floor. It also seems that it was fun after the inital crying happened because he is still going back to the stairs. Maybe he is trying to conquer them, I don't know. He also keeps falling off of the hearth, but that isn't that far of a fall. He doesn't seems to like it, but keeps going back for more. So that has been the last few days. I'm running after Stephen who is crawling faster and faster each day and having a blast in a new place. New things to explore!
If anyone has any good tips on how to teach feet first and/or the concept of down - I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!
A Pain in the Shoulder
16 hours ago
1 comment:
My sister had the same problem. We are 5 1/2 years apart and she liked to copy my, so mom had me slide down on my bottom and eventually she followed lol.....and that started the copy cat phase lol. It's tough being the oldest.
Post a Comment