Scott and I finally got callings. We haven't had callings since we moved from Nashville, and I thought that maybe we would make it a year. We actually made it 11 months. We are team teachers for the 14-15 year old Gospel Doctrine. Scott taught this past Sunday and I'm teaching this week. I'm nervous. I like teaching Relief Society and Primary is fun, but this makes me nervous. I guess that is what callings do for you.. help you with those fears. We took cookies last week, they seemed to enjoy that (like anyone is surprised by that comment). We will get most of a new class in January so I don't know how hard I'll try to really get to know the kids in this class. Doesn't it take a lot longer than a couple hours to get to know a teenager? Anyway, that is our news.
2 comments:
Troy and I had a similar calling in our ward here, team teaching the 13 year old class. We had such fun with them. And, yes, cookies make everything better with teenagers.
Leon and I are team teaching 13 year olds. What has really amazed us is the way they soak up and understand even the deepest of gospel principals. This last year we have been teaching "Preparing for Exaltation" it can get "deep" sometimes and the look on their faces after they understand something at the end of a lesson is awesome. It's really helped our own testimonies. Good luck and we are praying for you all.
L&L
Post a Comment