In the last 36 hours or so we have gotten snow, a lot of it. It stopped snowing yesterday evening. I could hear my neighbor outside on her 4 wheeler and I figured she was plowing the sidewalks. She has done a good job with keeping those clear. I decided to bundle Stephen up and take him in the snow to see what he would do. When I got outside, our driveway had been cleared by the 4 wheeler, and two girls were out there with their kid-sized shovels clearing our sidewalk and steps. I brought Stephen out so some were distracted by that, but the rest came to my driveway and continued to shovel. How funny to see these young girls shoveling snow. It was a bit of a mess and they were flinging snow on each on 'on accident', but I enjoyed helping them and chatting with them. Of course I have a couple pictures of Stephen's first bout in the snow. He didn't seem to know what to do when he got there, so a couple girls were trying to show him how to play. They buried him a little so show him what to do with it. It was entertaining. When we were about done, my neighbor came over to chat and help finish up. She was talking about going in and having hot chocolate and one of the girls looked up at her and said, "Can we stay out here and shovel more driveways?" My neighbor said, "Of course you can!" Pretty funny.
See the "what am I doing here" look on Stephen's face
He was getting cold and finally started to crawl in the snow. Seconds after this was taken, he face planted, and then the fun was over.
2 comments:
Wow, pretty impressive that those girls did that. Of course, when I was a young boy in utah, I always went and shoveled our neighbors' walks and driveways....
dang I want snow send it this way
Post a Comment