Monday, May 11, 2009

More yard updates!

We had lots of help on Saturday and we are both very happy with all that got done!  Scott has been up in the canyon three times to get rocks and once we figured there was enough, we had my family up for a pancake brunch and got working!


Here is my dad, my brother-in-law and Scott (can you see him behind John?) wondering where to start.  Those are the rocks we have to work with.


There they are working some more.  Scott was on the tractor while dad and John worked on getting the rock in it.  Then Scott would take the rock over to the front of the house and dad and John would help him get it into place.  Here you can see that the wall is just beginning.


Meanwhile, I was chasing Stephen around and talking to my step-mom and two sisters.  One of which was chasing her 2 year old around and keeping an eye on her newborn.  Stephen did take a little nap in the afternoon, so I planted our tomatoes in our Earth Boxes.  I'm glad that is done!


Here is Stephen with his rock.  He found that last week when his dad brought one of the loads of rock home.  It fell off of one of the big rocks.  He has been carrying it around for a while now, and always seems to remember where he left it in the yard, which is pretty good since it is all rock and dirt!


Here is the finished product.  We have quite a bit of fill dirt in there now, so we just need some topsoil and a few plants and it will look great!  My mothers Day present of bulbs arrived today so we'll get those planted this week and decide what else we want in our raised planter.

We would never have been able to get any of this done without all the help we got on Saturday.  At about 2:00 or 3:00, my in-laws came to help, and then my family took off since the second shift had arrived.  I'm sure there are a lot of sore backs and sunburned necks and faces courtesy of all this work and we appreciate it!  Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

The Miller's said...

Pretty house Jamie!!!!!

Lisa said...

That is so pretty! What a good bunch of family you have!

Anonymous said...

Hey it looks great, next stop grass. LOL. I'm trying to get stuff done. It's so different not working. This is the first time EVER since I started working that I'm out of work on purpose.... It really feels strange. I need to learn self discipline, and establish a routine.

psst btw we are getting stuff ready so that we can start proceedings for adoption.

Braden Bell said...

Oh my gosh, that look so great! I am impressed. And just slightly jealous :)

Stacey said...

It looks awesome! Want to come do our house?