Saturday, May 23, 2009

hey! I can see our house from here!

So, this past Friday, my parent's-in-law got to take a little helicopter ride above our little valley.  Once, they finished, I got some nice aerial photos of our house.  So... I'm sharing them with you.  This is two fold, really.  I think it is neat that we now have aerial shots of our house and the area (even though Google maps still doesn't recognize our street as existing) and to show you the recent progress on our yard!  (Sorry if that makes you groan...  for those of you that aren't interested, I tricked you, I know!)  Scott and his dad were able to do some trenching on Friday.  Yes, Scott took the day off of work to play in the dirt.  Good thing he also has Monday off to recover!  So, below are pictures of our house from the sky and the neat lines that will hold pipe to water the grass once we get it.



Don't those trenches look great?


Lookin' good!  If you look real close, you can see the boxes that are holding our garden by the back deck (which will also be upgraded, but not until next summer, most likely)

Since these pictures were taken, Scott has installed the main pressurize water line and it works!  We tested it tonight.  It is so exciting - for us.  

Stephen has thoroughly enjoyed filling in the holes that Scott has worked so hard to put there.  He is filthy every night and loves getting that way.  We are making progress and love how close we are to having grass!

4 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Love the pictures! I am so impressed. Scott, putting in a sprinkler system pretty much puts you at the apex of suburban masculinity.

Lisa said...

That is awesome! I love the pictures!

Scott Smith said...

You are right, I do feel suburbanly masculine.

traci said...

That is so cool that you got aerial shots like that!