Friday, May 29, 2009

I see you

Jamie chastised me the other day for not being a part of the blog. So I thought I'd post something kind of creepy. More for my own peace of mind, to know we aren't getting people in China and Russia trawling our blog for potential identity theft info, I started tracking all our visitors a few weeks ago. So here you are:


So far nobody from China and Russia though. Just some South Americans. We'll keep an eye on them.

Jamie seems to be keeping you up to date on my project, though nothing was done yesterday, or today, because my back is done. Not sure where it went, but I think a combo of trenching, and basketball did me in yesterday. Who knows how long I will be out of commission. We'll see if large amounts of OTC pain killers, anti-inflammatories, and a heating pad will do the trick.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Well I'm disappointed! I don't have a dot on there!

Jamie said...

hmm... are you in South America or Canada? I don't know why you don't show up Bethany! I know you are there, though!

traci said...

Am I really the only Oregonian?

Stacey said...

That is so cool! How did you do that?

Christine said...

Jamie has an aunt who is a physical therapist. Unfortunately she is at the other end of the state and is retired. Hope the rest and drugs do the trick. If you are really brave, try an ice pack. Frozen peas make a good one.

Scott Smith said...

You can do this for your own blog at this site.

http://www.statcounter.com/

Sign in for a free account, and then go follow the steps to put a counter on the site somewhere. It will start keeping track and then you can go log in to statcounter.com and check the details and see it make a nice map of your visitors. Drop me a note if you need help.

Scott Smith said...

The dot's identify the physical location of the server issuing the IP (Internet Protocol) address to your computer. Most Service providers list their physical locations as the address of the IP, and then keep track of which users used which IP, in case the feds need to track you down. Some people have IP addresses assigned to them, some the IP changes every time you log on. So, to make a long comment even longer, it is very possible your dot Bethany is actually there, just over the ISP location, not close to your house.