Friday, May 08, 2009

Date day

Yesterday Stephen and I went to the zoo with my sister and her two kids.  We had a good day.  I'm not sure if Stephen really saw all the animals very well, but he did notice some of them.  All animals are dogs to him anyway.  The orangutan, I think it was that ape, took an interest in Stephen and he just sank deeper and deeper in his stroller as the monkey stared at him from the other side of the glass.   His favorite part was the train, we rode it once and watched it go by quite a few times.  We rode the carousel, but that wasn't as fun as the train.  He really liked watching it go around while we were in line, but then when we were on it, he wasn't so sure, it was fun in the middle for about a minute, but not at the beginning or at the end.  Weird.  He was so tired at that point, way past nap time!

He slept all the way home and for another hour or so when we got home.  It gave me time to get ready for my second date of the day with Scott!  We so rarely go out just the two of us, I was pretty excited.  Even if we were going to see Star Trek.  We use to see a movie just about every weekend.  Before last night, I can't remember the last time we went to a theatre.  Scott was so excited to see this new Star Trek movie, and I have never seen hardly a scene of Star Trek, but it was alright.  I had a good time going out and eating popcorn!  I love popcorn.  Now, we are back to business on the yard work this weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun day! How nice to have 2 dates in a day. Sara wasn't too keen on the carousel either, but she screamed when I put her in the train so I think she was just grumpy in general. :)

traci said...

That sounds like a really fun day! It is difficult to find time to go out with little kids. I'm glad you were able to do it.

Braden Bell said...

I agree, 2 dates in one day does sound pretty fun. The yard sounds really fun, too.