Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Choo choo!

We did one of the coolest things today... Rode the Train! Stephen was so excited - trains are the best thing ever! We got there a little early and tried to get a few pictures, but I had the big camera and a child in my arms, this is the best I could do...



He did look at me for a quick second. At least we got his picture by a Diesel Engine!


Here is Stephen sneaking on before anyone said "All aboard!"


We are in the open air car here. He loved this. This was on the way back, after they moved the engine to the other end. We went over to watch the Engine move. I didn't realize that when it passed us on the siding that we were going to make a mad dash through all the train cars to find the engine on the other side. That was funny, but I also found out how many parents (this was a storytime train for children under 6 only) will not get out of your way when your child is an entire car ahead of you.

It was a fun trip. We left later than I thought we would and we were gone longer than I thought we would be, but all in all, it was fun. Stephen was so excited to actually get out at the train station rather than drive by and look at them. He actually threw a little fit this morning after Scott left for work. I had just told him that we were going to go ride on a train and I think Stephen thought that Scott was going without him. Once I told him that dad wouldn't be joining us on the train he calmed right down.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the first picture! Looks like fun.

traci said...

That is so fun! Isn't it the best how excited they get about the simple things. You're a great mom!