Our little town had "A Small Town Christmas" celebration and part of that was "Midway Lights up!" It was the lighting ceremony of main street. I thought it might be fun, so we bundled up and walked to Main Street. It was going to happen at 6:30. I didn't realized that was when the program was going to start. I thought someone would say something like - "Let the Christmas season begin!" Then a switch would be flipped and all the lights would come on. Boy was I wrong. The program consisted of a few people saying a few words. I don't know what was said - I was either chasing Stephen or trying to keep Bennett from crying - Scott was doing the same. Then there were people dressed up like the carolers that Scrooge would have yelled at - they sang a few songs. Then we all sang songs... then we were informed that because of the electrical system - there is no big switch to flip. So, all the families and businesses that 'adopted' a tree were suppose to go to their tree and, on the count of 5, plug it in. So those that were a few trees away could no longer hear the countdown and not everyone who adopted a tree was there. So a few came on at random times and some not at all. Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. I didn't expect much, but I did expect a little more than that. Anyway, by the time the lights came on, Stephen was no longer interested in what was going on. But we did get pictures!

This was the first annual, maybe next year will be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment