Thursday, July 23, 2009

Knees and a Harvest

For those of you who don't know, Scott had knee surgery on Monday. He is doing very well and is walking around very comfortably now. The worst part was getting all the anesthesia out of his system. Once he was over that hurdle, he did just fine. We spent the afternoon after the surgery at his parent's house because it was close to the surgery center and there was someone else there to either watch Scott or Stephen, whoever required it the most. I spent most of my day waiting in different waiting rooms (in the surgery center and the pharmacy) and it wore me out! Scott was able to walk to the house and car after the surgery, so it was good. That evening, once he was feeling a little better, we walked to the end of our street and back. He is doing very well. He had some broken cartilage cleaned out and, according to the paperwork, something was done to the meniscus, but we don't know what. Hopefully they will talk about that at the follow up appointment on Monday.

In other news, I went out to water our garden yesterday and came back in with this:

I know, it isn't much, but it is our first harvest of the season. We have gotten a few strawberries, but this was by far the most we have gotten in one shot (I know, it is pitiful). We are excited, though. Things are finally producing. It is hard to see, but there is one blueberry there. Last night, I picked a cucumber, too. yea! We are finally getting things! It won't be enough to can or make jelly/jam with, but it is a work in progress. When we actually have a garden spot, we should be able to plant more. ahhh, those future plans are always so nice...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Scott is doing well. I was wondering how everything went. So far my deck garden has given us 3 small tomatoes with 5 more on the vine. Hard to do too much in an apartment, next year I might try a blueberry bush in a pot and maybe something else....

Lisa said...

What a fun thing to be able to harvest! I can't wait til we are in my house and I can plant a garden! And I'm glad Scott is feeling all right.

Christine said...

The meniscus is the cartilage. Glad he is doing well. Your produce looks wonderful. I am lucky to have a neighbor with a greenhouse so I get a lot of veggies. yess, you do need a greenhouse in Panguitch in the summer