Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Biggest Loser

So, about a month ago or more, I got an email from my gym about a contest they were going to do called, "The Biggest Loser". Heard of it? Well, I decided, why not apply, they won't pick me to be involved, I'll just turn in an application. Well, I was selected to compete! I thought it would be great. I have been going to the gym and eating right, but something is missing because I'm not losing weight. About a week and half ago was the kick-off. I am on the Green team, we meet with our trainer twice a week and have to log all the food we eat. We meet with a nutritionist and have had a body scan and a physical. I worked really hard last week, I was tired, my kids were tired, Scott was tired of me leaving every evening (I'm doing 'two-a-days'), but it all payed off. I lost 11 pounds last week. Yes, you read that right, 11! I was the weekly winner! I won a night stay at the Blue Boar Inn (a place just up the street, but hey, it is something) and a $25 Gift Certificate to a local Cafe. I'm way excited! Now, if I can keep this up, there will be nothing left of me after the 10 weeks! :) This is something that I really wasn't going to mention to anyone that I am doing, but my picture was in the paper this week, so, I guess my secret is out...

4 comments:

Mere said...

You go girl!!!!! That is so awesome.

Ashley said...

Wow Jamie, that is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Stacey said...

I guess sometimes to pays to be a loser! lol That's awesome. We're rootin' for ya!

itsthebaileys said...

That is awesome! Keep it up, and keep us posted. It helps for motivation for me.