Monday, June 01, 2009

The haircut

It is now summer, and so to celebrate, we decided on Friday evening to give Stephen a nice summer haircut.  Here is what he looked like before we cut his hair:

This is actually with a little trim in the front, I had been doing a little here and there just to keep it out of his eyes.
Here is a better shaggy view


And then there was this!
See that trauma face?  He screamed the whole time we buzzed his head.  He is usually pretty good at getting his haircut, but I guess he is at a stage where he isn't interested in anything like that.  He freaked out at his last Dr. visit, too.  I don't know if you can see the amount of hair that is all over his back and all over me or not, but there was a lot.  He was starting to calm down and then Scott brought out the dust buster...  that didn't help.  We used the longest setting on the trimmers, but it is still pretty short for him.  It is actually shorter, we believe, than it was when he was born.  
This is a little blurry, but here it is after all the trauma and after a good nights sleep.  

I actually expected it to be blonde, but it is still dark over most of his head.  On Saturday, after he woke up from his nap, I came in to find him rubbing his head on his mobile.  That made me laugh.  At church on Sunday, quite a few people came up to me and told me that they didn't know who he was until Scott or I were with him.  He does look different, but it is a great summer cut, don't you think?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I think it looks very handsome! What a cute boy.

Lisa said...

How cute! I'm so not brave enough to buzz Kirk's hair - I'm afraid it will come in coarse!

Braden Bell said...

Cute, cute, cute. His old haircut looked like Spencer.

Nashville Stolle said...

Kids like to scream about that stuff... It looks great!

Ashley said...

I think he looks adorable.