Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Teething

So, I don't like teething.  I especially don't like teething when teeth come through, then go back, then come through again.  Yuck! Stephen hasn't been napping, he has a runny nose and he is crying all the time.  I know that his mouth hurts.  It seems to really hurt - but I am running out of patience with the crying!  I gave him a cup of crushed ice this morning to see how he liked that. He put quite a bit of it in his mouth before he dumped it on the carpet.  That is ok, it seemed to numb him long enough so he actually smiled and giggled.  

In better news it was a nice day yesterday!  Yahoo!  We actually spent most of the afternoon outside.  Stephen loves being out and I think it distracted him from his painful mouth.  There are only little girls on our street, but he does fine finding the pink bikes and wanting to play with them.  Scott got the tractor out of our garage last night (before the game) and started to chip up the awful tree/bush things that we haven't done anything with yet.  Stephen has been fascinated with the tractor, but once Scott was on it and it was running - it was the scariest thing he has seen.  Scott drove it over to the gas station and when he came back around the corner with it, he started to cry again, and he was about 4 houses away!  Poor thing - life is hard.   Scott did take him on the tractor and he was ok when they were going slow, but when he had to rev it up a little (in other words, make it louder) it was scary again.  

I didn't get a picture of the tractor and the chipper last night, but we hardly made a dent in what we need to do, so there are still picture opportunities (I know you are all on the edge of your seat for that one!)   

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is adorable! Poor Stephen - we know exactly how you guys feel! Hope it passes soon!