We have finally had some nice weather, and Scott is taking every chance he can get to work in the yard. We have tried to chip up the nasty bush/trees in the back, but that wasn't really working. We even tried to burn then, but they wouldn't light. These things are trouble! We have heard through the grapevine that the people that own the empty lot next to us don't like that something has been dumped there, so we have decided to take them to the dump. We have a free dump pass that we can use once in the month of April, May and June so we are going to load them up on a trailer this Saturday and take them away. Yea! Below is a picture of the nasty thorns. The one in the middle is a big thorn with 5 coming off of it. Yuck!

Thorns!

Stephen likes to watch his dad on the tractor. He is still a little afraid of it, but not when it is outside and he is in. He can't figure out if it is a bus or a train. (He is learning signs and he does both of those when he sees it)
Scott has been out on the tractor leveling out the yard. It looks great! He and my brother-in-law did a lot of work on Saturday to get the side yard ready. The rest of the yard won't be that much work, Scott got the front and other side done Monday evening after work. From here, we just need to fill in the ditch in the back and the side by the empty lot. I'm excited - we might have grass soon! I know the picture doesn't show John working, but he did - a lot. Thanks John! Zach - the little one - also helped. He had on his little guy gloves and moved rocks around!
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys have gotten some nice weather. We have,too, and I'm really loving it. That tractor looks like fun! Do you ever get to drive it?
I love your neighbor's grass! How cool to have the cherry trees out there. If I were you I would make sure Scott is actually accomplishing something--he looks like he is having waayyy too much fun on that tractor to actually be working.
Post a Comment