So, I'm a little late in posting a bit about Easter, but we did just finish our third and final Easter Egg hunt today. On Saturday, we had a nice cool Easter Egg Hunt at Thanksgiving Point. My Sister an her family joined us. It was fun. Stephen was happy with one or two eggs in his hands. I had to keep taking them out of his hand so he would pick up another egg. This hunt just had eggs in a field. Stephen was in the 0-3 age group. We were over taken by kids near the end of the hunt and at that point, Stephen wanted to hold his yellow spring bucket. I didn't give it to him, because I knew that if he dumped it, that we would lose all the eggs because we were surrounded by thousands of little hands! Thanksgiving Point said that they had 40,000 eggs out there. I'm sure that was a total for the 4 different age groups, I sure hope so.
Sunday was a great day. I created a game for our Sunday School class where they got a lot of candy and really got into to. And it was actually the lesson! I think it went well, it was chaotic, but what did I expect? Scripture chases, candy flying, competition.. that just spells chaos!
After Church, we went to my in-law's house and got ready for dinner and the Easter Egg hunt. There were 3 other families there besides the normal group, so we had a good number of kids. The little ones got a head start, and Stephen really had a good time. He found a couple eggs that I didn't even see! Being able to be around everyone and chatting was the best part of the day, though.
Today was the 'Mommy and Me' Easter party. That is the group that I attend with my church. We had a little egg hunt there, too. Stephen was really just not fast enough there. He got a couple eggs. That is fine, we currently have more candy at our house than we did before Easter! Anyway - we had a great weekend and it wore me out. I had to take a nice long nap yesterday afternoon.

This was taken Sunday. He was fascinated with the metallic eggs. (What you see in the background is someone - Leland - putting eggs in Stephen's bucket, not taking them out. No one was stealing candy from a baby - don't worry!)


2 comments:
Love his sweater! He looks like he had lots of fun. It still looks cold there,
He is so cute! And it sounds like you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment